Berlin and the 6 day drive to Mountain Home, Idaho

I was busy every single day while we were in Wisconsin checking on my Dad. We arrived on Sunday and surprised him with a visit. I am grateful to the staff of Patriot Place for being proactive in stopping the spread of COVID. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get in to see him. 

Monday, Dad and I had an appointment with Social Security to apply for my Mom's death benefit and we had to get paperwork filled out to get her last Social Security payment.

Tuesday, Dad had an appointment with an audiologist. Although he has tried hearing aids before I felt he needed to see all the options and find one that would be best for him. He doesn't do well with technology and his fingers don't work well to get the smaller hearing aids in.

Wednesday morning he had an appointment to see the Nurse Practitioner to get his ears flushed. Thanks to my sister for finding an open appointment to get this done while I was still there. The audiologist couldn't do impression for a molded hearing aid because he had a lot of wax so I am grateful we could get him in. Then we went back to the audiologist that afternoon to get the impressions done.

Thursday, I drove to the U.P. to see my granddaughters. Ellie will be 5 on May 31st so I was happy I could deliver her birthday present. We walked to their play area, all 3 were swinging.

Maddie


Lucy


Ellie


While the two little ones were napping, Ellie gave me a makeover, we took some pictures and we watched a movie.





Our 6 consecutive day drive to Mountain Home was uneventful except for a brief hail storm on our 4th day. Our first stop was a KOA in Waterloo, IA, the 2nd night we stayed at a really nice RV park in Greenwood, NE, our third night was at a KOA in Ogallala, NE, our next night was another KOA in Rawlins, WY, our fifth night was at the FamCamp on Hill AFB near Ogden, UT. I got a really nice walk in around the fitness track with an amazing view of the snow capped mountains.


We were grateful to arrive in Mountain Home and sit for a couple of weeks. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Home, Idaho

San Antonio TX

Mountain Home ID - 2023