Heaton Bay in White River National Park

 Today we drove to Heaton Bay in the White River National Forest west of Denver, CO.

Here are some pictures I took on the drive...


Denver from a distance


So, we knew about the wildfires on I-70. The news was saying they would be open in a few days and we were hoping by the time we got that far it would be open but we have to figure out our route for tomorrow since the news is saying it will most likely be closed until Sept.1. 


I guess this is a pretty good reason to buckle up!


Tunnel #1



Tunnel #2 was kind of freaky, you are literally driving through the mountain in a tunnel more than a minute. I took a video, stopped it at a minute however, I didn't start it until we were in it for a bit and we had a bit to go when I stopped the video.



A total of six miles of steep down hill. The transportation department has a sense of humor...


I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your brakes and have to take the runaway ramp. I sure pray nobody has ever made it to the top, that incline was insane.


Pictures from our 15.8 mile bike ride on an amazing trail around Dillon and Frisco and across the Dillon Dam.










In this picture you can see smoke behind the mountains. 🔥

Kind of a blurry picture. 🤷


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Antonio TX

Mountain Home, Idaho

Mountain Home ID - 2023